Friday 28 November 2008

Friday life drawing

Today was the last session for this term. Once again, we had a male model.
I think my focus was not as good as last time. It was quite hard to see things with an analytical eye. No excuses, but I wonder if the fidgety and bored-looking model could have had something to do with it.



The Cambridge University Architecture Undergraduate Handbook strongly encourages first years to attend these sessions. At the end of the class I asked one of the architecture students about how life drawing was supposed to help them in their studies. He didn't seem to be quite sure himself. I can imagine that architectural drawings must be quite different from life drawing, but perhaps this enforces the idea that life drawing is a strong basis for any kind of art.

No comments: